Winter Break in Lists in Lieu of Substance.
January 22, 2012 § Leave a comment
Because lists pretty much tell you nothing except that I 1. remember what all I did over break, & 2. have run out of reasons not to bore you with it.
Stuff I’m Happy to Have Read in the Bathtub, in the Order in Which I Just Typed Them
Tunneling to the Center of the Earth by Kevin Wilson
The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson
Tongue Party by Sarah Rose Etter
The Weather Stations by Ryan Call
Brief Interviews With Hideous Men by David Foster Wallace
Goat in the Snow by Emily Pettit
Light Boxes by Shane Jones
The Failure Six by Shane Jones
The New Black by Evie Shockley
Metropole by Geoffrey G. O’Brien
Selenography by Joshua Marie Wilkinson
Stuff I Made in the Kitchen (With Multiple Assists from the Curator of the Stock Photography Museum)
* Numerous variations on this curry
* Homemade paneer (from the massive Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant cookbook)
* Chicken curry & paneer pizza (I’d kind of like to think we invented that one)
* Nachos with homemade tortilla chips (because the downstairs store wasn’t open past prime nacho-hour)
* Curried chicken salad with golden raisins & celery instead of mango because why not
* Many migas (secret recipe, inquire within)
* Egg sandwiches, times infinity
* For the next few days, you can get good books for 40% from Small Press Distribution, here. I just ordered more stuff to read in the bath. You should too.
* I now own winter boots & belong to a gym. It’s, like, whatever.
* Who’s sleepy?