Pop Quiz: This or That.
December 15, 2009 § Leave a comment
To make up for my unforgivably pretentious look-I-visited-an-art-museum post, here’s a pop quiz pertaining to some art I’ve consumed in the last 48 hours.
Eli Roth’s Cabin Fever or Georges Bataille’s Story of the Eye
1. Some kids rent a cabin for the week & get a flesh-eating disease.
2. Girl hangs herself inside a wardrobe & the people who find her cut her down & “besmirch her corpse.”
3. Some kids meet at the beach & have an orgy.
4. Guy tries to sleep with girl & finds her legs covered in blood.
5. Guy & girl bike naked to the sanitarium to rescue another girl, & have sex in the woods.
6. Guy shoots deer; gets face full of blood.
7. Boy meets Winston.
8. Girl asks for raw bull testicles, which she then eats.
9. It’s a story about love, violence & raw eggs.
10. It’s a story about love, violence & the local water supply.
Best of luck to you.
(Eli Roth: 1, 4, 6, 7, 10. Georges Bataille: 2, 3, 5, 8, 9.)